Esther Derby (@estherderby) Don Gray (@donaldegray), and Faye Thompson (@agilefaye) joined Ryan Ripley (@ryanripley) to discuss their upcoming workshop Coaching Beyond the Team in Columbus, Ohio April 3rd – 5th, 2018.
[featured-image single_newwindow=”false”]Esther Derby and Don Gray – Coaching Beyond the Team[/featured-image]
Esther is an expert in organizational dynamics and a leading thinker in bringing agility to organizations, management, and teams. She co-authored “Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great” and “Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management“. Esther is sought after trainer and speaker.
Don is a friend and mentor to me and a valued member of the agile community. He has contributed to multiple books including CENTER ENTER TURN SUSTAIN: ESSAYS IN CHANGE ARTISTRY, READINGS FOR PROBLEM-SOLVING LEADERSHIP, and AMPLIFY YOUR EFFECTIVENESS. He co-teaches one of the top agile and leadership workshops available – Coaching Beyond the Team – with Esther Derby.
Faye has more than eighteen years of project delivery experience and is currently a senior agile consultant with CareWorks Tech. Focusing on agile methodologies and continuous improvement, she has had a positive impact in the financial services, healthcare, advertising, and automotive industries. Faye is passionate about using innovative solutions to drive business value and helps work groups transform into highly engaged and energized teams.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How the Coaching Beyond the Team workshop can improve your agile practices
- Why context is critical to understanding the problem you’re trying to solve
- Which models and practices to use depending on the situation
- Why local problems are often systemic of larger organizational issues
Links from the show:
- Coaching Beyond the Team Workshop – Columbus, OH – April 3rd – 5th
- Use the code – HUMANS – for $100 off the workshop price!
How to support the show:
Thank you for your support. Here are some of the ways to contribute to the show:
- Share the show with friends, family, colleagues, and co-workers. Sharing helps get the word out about Agile for Humans
- Rate us on iTunes and leave an honest review
- Join the mailing list – Check out the form on the right side of the page
- Take the survey – totally anonymous and helps us get a better idea of who is listening and what they are interested in
- Leadership Gift Program
- Make a donation via Patreon
Book of the Week:
[callout]In The Lean Startup, Eric Ries laid out the practices of successful startups – building a minimal viable product, customer-focused and scientific testing based on a build-measure-learn method of continuous innovation, and deciding whether to persevere or pivot. In The Startup Way, he turns his attention to an entirely new group of organizations: established enterprises like iconic multinationals GE and Toyota, tech titans like Amazon and Facebook, and the next generation of Silicon Valley upstarts like Airbnb and Twilio.
Click here to purchase on Amazon.[/callout]
[reminder]Which topic resonated with you? Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.[/reminder]
Want to hear another podcast about the life of an agile coach? — Listen to my conversation with Zach Bonaker, Diane Zajac-Woodie, and Amitai Schlair on episode 39. We discuss growing an agile practice and how coaches help create the environments where agile ideas can flourish.
Help promote the show on iTunes:
One tiny favor. — Please take 30 seconds now and leave a review on iTunes. This helps others learn about the show and grows our audience. It will help the show tremendously, including my ability to bring on more great guests for all of us to learn from. Thanks!
This podcast is brought to you by Audible. I have used Audible for years, and I love audiobooks. I have three to recommend:
- Agile and Lean Program Management by Johanna Rothman
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Rolling Rocks Downhill: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Entertaining Way to Learn Agile and Lean by Clark Ching
All you need to do to get your free 30-day Audible trial is go to Audibletrial.com/agile. Choose one of the above books, or choose among more than 180,000 audio programs. It’s that easy. Go to Audibletrial.com/agile and get started today. Enjoy!
The post AFH 088: Coaching Beyond the Team with Esther Derby and Don Gray appeared first on Ryan Ripley.